753 C Series Boss Display

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Aviator

I have been using my 753 for the last few years without a display (BOSS). The last owner had a problem with the unit and pulled it. I have had it in a box for the last two years. I decided to plug it in the other day and yes it doesn't work, once more it has been taken apart and the display is missing! OK, what to do. I am sure if it is available it will cost an arm and a leg. Has anyone just converted to mechanical display? Doing a search I did find one thread on the subject were the topic was discussed but didn't indicated that anyone has done it. Seems to be quite do-able as long as I would want to dig for the senders that might need to be replaced. I have one contact for a used parts guy that I think I will try. Plan there would be to replace the display with a used one if I can find one. The label on the back of the display says Vehicle Monitor, Gen 2, with other numbers... 00049518 CPN: 6665923 9711192530637 70385 Any of those sound like a part number? Thanks, Aviator

Tazza

Staff member
You could convert it to use standard gauges. The senders will have to be changed, but you know that already, but it could be done.
The best option as you know, is to hunt around for a good used panel.

OP
OP
A

Aviator

You could convert it to use standard gauges. The senders will have to be changed, but you know that already, but it could be done.
The best option as you know, is to hunt around for a good used panel.
I visited the local Bobcat dealer today and got the current price on it. The Boss display runs $689.12 plus tax! Yeooow. I am going to look around for a bit before I go the conversion route to mechanical gauges. Won't hurt to take a look for one used. Aviator

Tazza

Staff member
I visited the local Bobcat dealer today and got the current price on it. The Boss display runs $689.12 plus tax! Yeooow. I am going to look around for a bit before I go the conversion route to mechanical gauges. Won't hurt to take a look for one used. Aviator
You could try Mark from IM bobcat in Utah too, he *may* have a used display. But don't quote me on that!

skidsteer.ca

You could try Mark from IM bobcat in Utah too, he *may* have a used display. But don't quote me on that!
I'm all for keeping a machine functioning fully, but in the case of the boss, do yourself a favour and throw it in the bush. (or at least the trash) They where quite problematic as machines got older. Sersors often need change @ 2000 hours or so. There is a brain box and the display, both are expensive.
My 753 used to show giberish on the display then shut down. Turned out to be a bad ground in the brain box, which we fixed by drilling out all the rivots, tighten 3 screws and bolting it back together.
Dealer was kind enough to lend me a spare brain which stop the problem, so we knew where it was, local electronic guy was asked to test anthing he could on the brain, in the end all he could do was tighten the screws. But it was cured after that. Lots of screwing around to fix a machine that was mechanically fine.
Ken