751 skid steer Peugeot

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Acpilot

Hi can anyone help wih this. I changed fluids, including 2 fuel filters, I forgot to fill fuel filters with diesel and stated engine. It ran or 5 seconds and died. I have tried draining fuel filter of air and cracking injector lines , while cranking engine over , but no fuel is coming to injector lines. I'm not sure if I'm doing the bleeding correctly. Thans Darren

Tazza

Staff member
Does it smoke when cranking?
You may want to check the fuel cut off solenoid too, make sure when you turn the key that it clicks. You may have bumped the wire to it?

OP
OP
A

Acpilot

Does it smoke when cranking?
You may want to check the fuel cut off solenoid too, make sure when you turn the key that it clicks. You may have bumped the wire to it?
Thanks got it going, I wasn't bleeding the fuel filter correctly. Now on to other concerns, while I was in engine compartment I noticed (when facing engine) on the right side of cam shaft cover , there is a cam shaft cover (a circle cover, about 2 inch in diameter) the exhaust hanger bracket is bolted thru same hole into the block. The cam cover is loose because the (I think , the bolts for the exhaust bracket are broke) , so cover vibrates out a little and oil leaks out. Second , when facing the engine , the left side pulley (or idler,is rubbing up against metal frame of skidsteer. Any one else have these problems , and any suggestions. My local bobcat dealer has no experience on these engines, and basically told me to look on the Internet. Thanks for any assistance.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks got it going, I wasn't bleeding the fuel filter correctly. Now on to other concerns, while I was in engine compartment I noticed (when facing engine) on the right side of cam shaft cover , there is a cam shaft cover (a circle cover, about 2 inch in diameter) the exhaust hanger bracket is bolted thru same hole into the block. The cam cover is loose because the (I think , the bolts for the exhaust bracket are broke) , so cover vibrates out a little and oil leaks out. Second , when facing the engine , the left side pulley (or idler,is rubbing up against metal frame of skidsteer. Any one else have these problems , and any suggestions. My local bobcat dealer has no experience on these engines, and basically told me to look on the Internet. Thanks for any assistance.
Can you re-tap the hole for the rocker cover? or worst case, can you remove it, clean it and give it a dose of quality silicone to seal it from leaking?
The idler shouldn't touch the frame, are you talking about the one for the blower? I'ts possible it is loose, or the bearing has failed.
If that is not the one, can you take a picture?

maccor

Can you re-tap the hole for the rocker cover? or worst case, can you remove it, clean it and give it a dose of quality silicone to seal it from leaking?
The idler shouldn't touch the frame, are you talking about the one for the blower? I'ts possible it is loose, or the bearing has failed.
If that is not the one, can you take a picture?
Probably the blower pulley. Mine is the same way....it is really close to the frame. I think you need to get a slightly smaller belt. I think mine stretched. It's got a big tension spring on it....don't think the bearing would have failed. Good luck with the Pug motor....

bobbie-g

Probably the blower pulley. Mine is the same way....it is really close to the frame. I think you need to get a slightly smaller belt. I think mine stretched. It's got a big tension spring on it....don't think the bearing would have failed. Good luck with the Pug motor....
Acpilot, if you're still around I can offer some info on the cam shaft cover. :) ---Bobbie G.