751 hydraulic question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sawdust

Under the seat of my 751F there's the two giant pumps for the right and left drives. Bolted on the end of the pump opposite the belt there's a smaller hydraulic pump with a large hyd. hose attached that must feed the valves (?). In any event, I think I've got a o-ring leaking in the fitting this hose attaches to (that's screwed into the body of the small pump). If I disconnect this hose, is the whole system gonna drain? I don't want to pull it, run uptown, and come home to my shop looking like the Exxon Valdez is parked in it. Thanks! Jim

skidsteer.ca

The small pump is you hydraulic and charge pump. Runs your loader and front quick couplers and supplies charge pressure oil to your hydrostats. (big pumps for you wheels).
So yes the oil from the reservoir gravity feeds to it.
Ken

OP
OP
S

sawdust

The small pump is you hydraulic and charge pump. Runs your loader and front quick couplers and supplies charge pressure oil to your hydrostats. (big pumps for you wheels).
So yes the oil from the reservoir gravity feeds to it.
Ken
Must be the pump is 'tight' enough that it doesn't allow fluid to gravity through. I went and bought about 10 o-rings to assure I'd have the right size and allow quick re-assembly....and was pleasantly surprised. I'll bet it didn't leak over a few ounces. Got lucky... It appears that this has been dripping for some time. I pulled the three-bolt cover where you drain the chaincase and fuel tank.....and it's been dripping outta' there since this morning. Now I just have to get a warm day (in Central MI.....I'm dreaming...) and fire up the steam cleaner and get all of the accuumulated glop out of the belly pan. Thanks, Ken! Jim

skidsteer.ca

Must be the pump is 'tight' enough that it doesn't allow fluid to gravity through. I went and bought about 10 o-rings to assure I'd have the right size and allow quick re-assembly....and was pleasantly surprised. I'll bet it didn't leak over a few ounces. Got lucky... It appears that this has been dripping for some time. I pulled the three-bolt cover where you drain the chaincase and fuel tank.....and it's been dripping outta' there since this morning. Now I just have to get a warm day (in Central MI.....I'm dreaming...) and fire up the steam cleaner and get all of the accuumulated glop out of the belly pan. Thanks, Ken! Jim
Yes if your on the pressure side your ok, if oil runs through a gear pump it would be badly worn out.
There are drain holes on each side of the chaincase just forward of the fuel tank area that you would want to remove the mud/gunk from if you want to pressure wash.
Ken

OP
OP
S

sawdust

Yes if your on the pressure side your ok, if oil runs through a gear pump it would be badly worn out.
There are drain holes on each side of the chaincase just forward of the fuel tank area that you would want to remove the mud/gunk from if you want to pressure wash.
Ken
Ken.....are these the two holes I've exposed by removing the flat cover at the front of the tapered section? Or...is there something else under there that I'm not seeing? Thanks! Jim

skidsteer.ca

Ken.....are these the two holes I've exposed by removing the flat cover at the front of the tapered section? Or...is there something else under there that I'm not seeing? Thanks! Jim
Yes on each side of the chaincase, at the rear of the chaincase, they have no cover but are always pluged with mud, etc. If the cab is up, just follow the side of the chaincase down with a bar and poke at the bottom. Big enough for 2 or 3 fingers
Ken

Latest posts