751 Engine removal

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
How is your 751 project going?
Thanks for the enquiry, it really hasn't moved. We have had rain on and off since December so i can't do a lot. I don't have a shed that i can work on the machine in.
With that said, i got the engine out and started after a good clean up of the injectors and new timing belt. The pump is out and i have pulled it down to clean out all the carbon from burnt hoses. I flatened the swash plates with glass and wet and dry sand paper, new seals. It just needs a coat of paint.
I hope to start pulling the main frame down shortly and get the chain case and chassis preped and painted. I have ordered quite a few parts that are needed, but its going to take a while to arrive. I hope when i open the chain case i don't find more things i need!
With a bit of luck i will make some progress in the next few weeks as the rain/showers have eased a lot.

Butters

Thanks for the enquiry, it really hasn't moved. We have had rain on and off since December so i can't do a lot. I don't have a shed that i can work on the machine in.
With that said, i got the engine out and started after a good clean up of the injectors and new timing belt. The pump is out and i have pulled it down to clean out all the carbon from burnt hoses. I flatened the swash plates with glass and wet and dry sand paper, new seals. It just needs a coat of paint.
I hope to start pulling the main frame down shortly and get the chain case and chassis preped and painted. I have ordered quite a few parts that are needed, but its going to take a while to arrive. I hope when i open the chain case i don't find more things i need!
With a bit of luck i will make some progress in the next few weeks as the rain/showers have eased a lot.
I hear you on the rain, we just had the driest year since 1933 and now I am installing a sump pump under my house. It is just pure muck here in Kentucky.
Keep us posted on your progress.