751 drive motors

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
So, i finally got motivated with my 751. I have pulled it rite down, chassis is off, chain case is open and pulled apart. Water had gotten into the chain case and there is a little surface rust on the chains.... Not real bad, but its there. My main concern is possible bearing damage due to rust on the drive motors where the final drive is. I have no idea what to expect, but i figure if the motors are off i may as well replace the bearings.
Has anyone pulled one of these down? I don't want to touch the motor its self, not sure if its a reduction box its attached to or simply a support for side load. Any info is appreciated! i will put piccies up when i get time and find space.

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
I should have looked at my manual a bit better, it shows details of overhaul..... It just needs a few things i don't have yet, like a press. Looks simple enough to do though.

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
I should have looked at my manual a bit better, it shows details of overhaul..... It just needs a few things i don't have yet, like a press. Looks simple enough to do though.
Forget about the previous posts. I cracked them open, simple enough just need a seal kit for the hydro motors and new bearings for the carrier.