743 vs 743DS

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

68camaro

Hello, new to skidsteers and this forum so be gentle... Can someone tell me the difference between the 743 and 743DS? What information I did find on the net seemed to be all the same. Thank you in advance!

Tazza

Staff member
I believe the DS was for the forrestry industry.
It was the same as the standard 743 but with a spark arrestor muffler, filters/screens on all openings to prevent wood chips getting in to cause fires? I think thats about it, just little things that i'm sure would have jacked the price up.

Chipperhead

Hmmm. Good question. I searched and came up with http://www.bobcat.com/historical_specs/ which I suspect you may have already found. Only difference I could find there the 743 went into production in 1981 and the 743 DS in 1983. Then, on the specs page: 743 Pump Capacity 11 GPM Auxiliary Std Flow 11 GPM Auxiliary High Flow N/A 743ds Pump Capacity 11 GPM Auxiliary Std Flow N/A Auxiliary High Flow 11 GPM The auxiliary high and standard flows are reversed. But they're both just 11gpm, so it's not like high flow was added. Maybe that's just a typo. Guess I'm really just adding to the head scratching. I'm surprised none of our pros on this board have answered. Regards, Marty

doger5

This machine was approved for explosive enviroment with a special alternator and starter not to create sparks and possibility a few more small electrical tweaks

doger5

This machine was approved for explosive enviroment with a special alternator and starter not to create sparks and possibility a few more small electrical tweaks
All 743 came with a spark arrestor muffler.