743 transmission warning light question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wings5j

Had the same problem with a 751, 1999 model, with Kubota engine. when first got it the trans light would come on. i had to let it warm up. i finally fixed it by changing the fluid and the filter. the machine was used and oil was old. Once i did those things it has worked like charm ever since. I got it in 2001.
Pondfishr, sorry to be late to this thread. Did you ever get this figured out?
This was a problem on my 742B as well and I checked out all of the things mentioned in these other posts. As you have guessed, it is a bit hard to track down because there are three sensors that can trigger the warning.
As for myself, I like to have things working, so that when a real problem comes up, you do get a real warning.
My factory service manual didn't have a good wiring schematic for this circuit but with help from this forum, I eventually sorted it all out. In my case, it was the precharge pressure sensor that was bad. I replaced it with a new one and they system has been working good since.
John

OP
OP
P

pondfishr

Pondfishr, sorry to be late to this thread. Did you ever get this figured out?
This was a problem on my 742B as well and I checked out all of the things mentioned in these other posts. As you have guessed, it is a bit hard to track down because there are three sensors that can trigger the warning.
As for myself, I like to have things working, so that when a real problem comes up, you do get a real warning.
My factory service manual didn't have a good wiring schematic for this circuit but with help from this forum, I eventually sorted it all out. In my case, it was the precharge pressure sensor that was bad. I replaced it with a new one and they system has been working good since.
John
To be honest with you I never did anything other than wait. I don't run the machine that much but when I got it out after the weather warmed up the light has not come back on. I am not sure but does anybody have any ideas about the coincidence in air temperature and the hydraulic light?

antfarmer2

To be honest with you I never did anything other than wait. I don't run the machine that much but when I got it out after the weather warmed up the light has not come back on. I am not sure but does anybody have any ideas about the coincidence in air temperature and the hydraulic light?
Yep most likely the wire by your sender unit by your linkage on the right side when sitting is getting rubbed

Latest posts