743 transmission warning light question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pondfishr

I started my 743 for the first time in 2014 yesterday. I used it to dig up and move a good size bush and haul away a mid sized tree. The red warning light for the transmission on the top of the cab came on and off intermittently. Is this something I should worry about or could it be attributed to cold fluid and the machine sitting for an extended period. I read a few posts and they mentioned low charge pressure or high fluid temp. I haven't changed the hydro fluid in a few years do you think this could be the root cause? Thanks Bill

Tazza

Staff member
I guess it could be cold fluid being thicker, it could be the sender getting old.
When did it mostly happen, when lowering the arms?

antfarmer2

I guess it could be cold fluid being thicker, it could be the sender getting old.
Do not run with the light on can do damage.........also lift the cage might have to unplug the two plugs to the left of the seat the newer ones you don't there are two sensors one off the pump and one off the control block they both have yello or yello and black wires might just be a loose wire or pluged easy to get to there is one on the hydro filter too but have not got mine connected yet and my light works fine

OP
OP
P

pondfishr

I seemed to be on and off when driving the machine. It did go off and stay off after it ran for a few minutes. I will check it out again to get a better idea for the problem. The machine seemed to operate normally during that time.

antfarmer2

I seemed to be on and off when driving the machine. It did go off and stay off after it ran for a few minutes. I will check it out again to get a better idea for the problem. The machine seemed to operate normally during that time.
Let's hope for a loose or damaged wire the one sender on the block is close to linkage

OP
OP
P

pondfishr

Great hope it is cheap and easy
Got the machine out today to dig a hole to bury my daughters dog. She was a really sweet golden retriever her name was Love. Not a good day but it had to be done. Back to the warning light. The light came on when I drove the machine about 300'. Then it went out. I started digging and it came back on. It stayed on for 2 -3 minutes and then it went back out. After that it went out and stayed out. I turned the machine off and on 3-4 times over the next 30 minutes and it continued to stay off. Drove the machine back to the barn and put it up with the light still out. I didn't get a chance to look under the cab but will give it a shot this weekend. Does any of this make sense with it going on and off like that? Thanks !!

antfarmer2

Got the machine out today to dig a hole to bury my daughters dog. She was a really sweet golden retriever her name was Love. Not a good day but it had to be done. Back to the warning light. The light came on when I drove the machine about 300'. Then it went out. I started digging and it came back on. It stayed on for 2 -3 minutes and then it went back out. After that it went out and stayed out. I turned the machine off and on 3-4 times over the next 30 minutes and it continued to stay off. Drove the machine back to the barn and put it up with the light still out. I didn't get a chance to look under the cab but will give it a shot this weekend. Does any of this make sense with it going on and off like that? Thanks !!
Yes sounds like a bad or loose wire I would not be that brave if the pressure is bad will ruin the pump but sounds like a cheap and easy fix once you lift the cage

OP
OP
P

pondfishr

You could stick a gauge on you aux hydro to keep a eye on it
Thanks for the tip. What type of gauge would you recommend? You are talking about the quick connects in the front correct? Do I need to engage the aux for the test and what pressure reading should you see.

antfarmer2

Thanks for the tip. What type of gauge would you recommend? You are talking about the quick connects in the front correct? Do I need to engage the aux for the test and what pressure reading should you see.
Yes that is where I would put it and would get one that did at least 3000 use your aux to test then when the light comes on hit it to test again but my money is on a bad wire or sender but best guess is the wire on the block because there is linkage by it

antfarmer2

Yes that is where I would put it and would get one that did at least 3000 use your aux to test then when the light comes on hit it to test again but my money is on a bad wire or sender but best guess is the wire on the block because there is linkage by it
Have changed the hydro fillter

2003rubiblue

Also first look at the left of the seat mine has two plugs there that can come loose and need to be undone before lifting the cab newer ones don't
Did you check the hyd oil level? I don't see it on the above posts, and I know from experience if it is just a tiny bit low it will cause the light to come on and go off intermittently. Brian

Stephend

Did you check the hyd oil level? I don't see it on the above posts, and I know from experience if it is just a tiny bit low it will cause the light to come on and go off intermittently. Brian
Had the same problem with a 751, 1999 model, with Kubota engine. when first got it the trans light would come on. i had to let it warm up. i finally fixed it by changing the fluid and the filter. the machine was used and oil was old. Once i did those things it has worked like charm ever since. I got it in 2001.