743 not moving or anything

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

b423312

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum here and have a problem that hopefully someone can point me in the right direction with. A few weeks ago I was clearing snow and bringing some wood up to the house and the machine just suddenly stopped, no real bang or anything but no wheels and no bucket either. I figured that the u-joint went so i pulled the pump to get to it bit it was good, also the splined gear on the pump looks okay. I opened the pump thinking the shaft was broke inside but no. so I am at a loss here, now i'm thinking its something easy like a filter or something I don't know where to start, I have it all apart already so what would be my best course of action now? Thanks

OP
OP
B

b423312

Yes everything was ok, I've gotten further into it now and when i was putting the pump back in i tried to turn the crank to help it line up and when i turn the crank the flywheel dosent move! how are they attached? did the key maybe just roll or did the crank actually snap right at the end it was running but i never even tried to start it again yet, I guess i need to pull the motor now. I never even considered that as an issue anyone ever heard of it before?

foton

so what you are saying is that when you rotate the crank ,the flywheel does not move? can you get to the flywheel and see if it rotates with out the engine compression being felt?? wow

North Idaho Wolfman

Doesn't make any sense, I thought you said it was running and would't move, did it start and run?
If it did then the flywheel is attached to the crank ( its with 5 or 6 big bolts) but the 4 bolts that attach the joint to the flywheel could have gave up.

ddbackhoe

Yes everything was ok, I've gotten further into it now and when i was putting the pump back in i tried to turn the crank to help it line up and when i turn the crank the flywheel dosent move! how are they attached? did the key maybe just roll or did the crank actually snap right at the end it was running but i never even tried to start it again yet, I guess i need to pull the motor now. I never even considered that as an issue anyone ever heard of it before?
Doesn't make any sense, I thought you said it was running and would't move, did it start and run?
If it did then the flywheel is attached to the crank ( its with 5 or 6 big bolts) but the 4 bolts that attach the joint to the flywheel could have gave up.
(y) The troubleshooting steps need to be in some kind of order. This seems to be jumping all over the place.