743 moving a 3.5 ton rock

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
Plz re-post this, the link didn't work.
The best i have done with my 743 was lifting and moving a concrete pipe section that weighed around 1 - 1.5t. Grabbed it with the 4 in 1 and lift the arms as high as they would and could hear the relief whistle then tilt back. The machine would tip forwards. Drive forwards to lift it up and then it would flop forwards. Repeat till i got to the hill and it was all good from there :) The rear wheels were off the ground most of the time i was on flat ground.

Tazza

Staff member
Plz re-post this, the link didn't work.
The best i have done with my 743 was lifting and moving a concrete pipe section that weighed around 1 - 1.5t. Grabbed it with the 4 in 1 and lift the arms as high as they would and could hear the relief whistle then tilt back. The machine would tip forwards. Drive forwards to lift it up and then it would flop forwards. Repeat till i got to the hill and it was all good from there :) The rear wheels were off the ground most of the time i was on flat ground.
EEK i'm glad thats not my machine, look at the teeth on the bucket, he is so punishing it.
The poor machine is screaming :)
Mid you, it shows for such a small machine they sure do have some power!!

OP
OP
L

Luthor

EEK i'm glad thats not my machine, look at the teeth on the bucket, he is so punishing it.
The poor machine is screaming :)
Mid you, it shows for such a small machine they sure do have some power!!
Yes, sorry about the link, I have no idea how to post it properly, my daughter got it to that stage for me.
Thats me in my old 743 moving the rock after I dug a big crater around it. My property is near the base of Mt. Macedon in Victoria (apparantly an extinct Volcano) and is littered with rock both above and below the surface. You can see part of the ranges in the background.
I have other rocks that machine simply cannot move and I hope to split them into smaller pieces using "feathers and wedges" and push them over to side of the property.

Tazza

Staff member
Yes, sorry about the link, I have no idea how to post it properly, my daughter got it to that stage for me.
Thats me in my old 743 moving the rock after I dug a big crater around it. My property is near the base of Mt. Macedon in Victoria (apparantly an extinct Volcano) and is littered with rock both above and below the surface. You can see part of the ranges in the background.
I have other rocks that machine simply cannot move and I hope to split them into smaller pieces using "feathers and wedges" and push them over to side of the property.
Its a shame to get rid of the rocks, my dad would love them. Especially if they were a touch smaller. He has built a few rock walls, some i even had to put in place with the bobcat they are so big.
The guy i sold my last 743 to wanted it to pull rocks on his property too. He was talking fairly large ones, the hope was with teeth he would be able to pop them out.
I did notice the mountains in the background.