743 leaking Fluid

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pondfishr

When I par4k my 743 the left fron wheel has hydro fluid leaking on the ground. Any common problems that would cause this? I have not even taken the wheel off to see and I would like to know what to look for before I did. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Luthor

My 743 does the same thing from the left rear. It's a big job to replace these axle seals (unless you have a 743B) so I am in no hurry to do it, just keep topping up the chain case oil.

Tazza

Staff member
[No message]
Its not hydro fluid as such, its chain case oil. Its the same oil, but totally seperate systems.
If the leak at the front you are lucky, the front seals are MUCH easier to do than the rear ones. The main problem is you will need a seal installation tool to re-install the seal. If you can live with the leak i do suggest you leave it be. The seals can be replaced, but as Luthor said, its not an easy job.
If you decide to attack it, let me know and i will give you a guide of what to do.

OP
OP
P

pondfishr

Its not hydro fluid as such, its chain case oil. Its the same oil, but totally seperate systems.
If the leak at the front you are lucky, the front seals are MUCH easier to do than the rear ones. The main problem is you will need a seal installation tool to re-install the seal. If you can live with the leak i do suggest you leave it be. The seals can be replaced, but as Luthor said, its not an easy job.
If you decide to attack it, let me know and i will give you a guide of what to do.
I would really like to sell the machine and get something that is a little more up to date. I have thought about maybe an 853 or something along that line. I would really like a track machine but they are probably above my budget. My thought is to fix it before I put it up for sale so I could get more for it. Right now it is sitting at a house I am working on and it will probably be there a month or so longer so I have a little while to think about it. Tazza I really appreciate your offer to lend advice if I try to fix it. I will let you know what I decide to do. Thanks Bill

Tazza

Staff member
I would really like to sell the machine and get something that is a little more up to date. I have thought about maybe an 853 or something along that line. I would really like a track machine but they are probably above my budget. My thought is to fix it before I put it up for sale so I could get more for it. Right now it is sitting at a house I am working on and it will probably be there a month or so longer so I have a little while to think about it. Tazza I really appreciate your offer to lend advice if I try to fix it. I will let you know what I decide to do. Thanks Bill
Sure, just let me know.