743 kill switch

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pondfishr

Is there any easy way to install a keyed kill switch on a 743. I have mine torn apart and thought that if there is an easy way now would be the time to do it. Currently I have the pull knob that kills the engine.

Tazza

Staff member
There is no EASY way, but i have done it. I bought a generic fuel shut down solenoid that i made a bracket that mounts to the 2 bolts that hold the throttle arm plate to the engine. It works well! the 3 wires you need to hook up are ground, power to the key, and one to the starter motor.

OP
OP
P

pondfishr

There is no EASY way, but i have done it. I bought a generic fuel shut down solenoid that i made a bracket that mounts to the 2 bolts that hold the throttle arm plate to the engine. It works well! the 3 wires you need to hook up are ground, power to the key, and one to the starter motor.
Thanks Taryn!! I knew if anyone had done this I would find the answer here in this forum. I will check it out to see what I can find.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks Taryn!! I knew if anyone had done this I would find the answer here in this forum. I will check it out to see what I can find.
I'll do my best to take a pictures of my setup, see how i go!
I do like the key on/off setup, it makes things much better.