743 giving me problems

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
Z
If you have a new drive motor it has to be the pump or the relief valve.
The last thing you can try is the relief valves in the block between the 2 pump sections. The rear pump is for the left and the front is for the right if memory serves. Try removing the plugs and see if there is any crap stick in the valves. Check the springs too, it may have broken. If everything looks ok it will probably be the pump. Remember, the front pump is the hydraulic pump/charge pump. the next two are the hydrostatic pumps, they are back to back with a section between where the hoses connect. These are 2 separate pumps.
Can you give me the details of the pump you saw on e-bay? the only ones i have seen are the hydraulic pump complete or the *kit* to fix the hydro pump. I haven't seen parts for the hydrostatic pump though.
Before you buy anything crack the pump open and have a look, just to be sure you don't buy parts that are not needed.
i will definitly take a look at the relief valves and open the pump before i buy anything. Like i said i have already blown alot of money on a drive motor from bobcat which i did not need. And looking at it further your right there are no hydrostatic pumps on ebay just hydraulic pumps. I will take a look at the relief valves and let you know how they are. Thanks again.

benhoyt1993

I just posted a similar response to something that would cause the same problem.
When the cab is in the air, what do you see on the hydraulic pump (the one rite at the front)? do you see a square block sitting on top with 5 hoses connected or is there a large hose that runs to a block near the throttle lever?
If it was just the motor, it would have a hard time steering one way, not both ways.
What oil are you running?
Check the oil cooler too.
The early 743's had a hidden oil filter that causes havoc. Just like your problem, it runs fine till it warms and squeals like a stuck pig when trying to turn. Has a massive lack of power. BUT this doesn't cause any problems to your hydraulics.
Wither way, let me know if it has the square block and if so, i will tell you where the filter is and how to get it.

benhoyt1993

I just posted a similar response to something that would cause the same problem.
When the cab is in the air, what do you see on the hydraulic pump (the one rite at the front)? do you see a square block sitting on top with 5 hoses connected or is there a large hose that runs to a block near the throttle lever?
If it was just the motor, it would have a hard time steering one way, not both ways.
What oil are you running?
Check the oil cooler too.
The early 743's had a hidden oil filter that causes havoc. Just like your problem, it runs fine till it warms and squeals like a stuck pig when trying to turn. Has a massive lack of power. BUT this doesn't cause any problems to your hydraulics.
Wither way, let me know if it has the square block and if so, i will tell you where the filter is and how to get it.

benhoyt1993

Tazza thI have a early 743 model and that is EXACTLY my problem. Runs and turns okay until it warms up then it gets worse and worse losing the power to turn or go forward. Seems to be equally as bad for both sides and also squeals like a pig really bad and sometimes it kinda catches and it will suddenly move. I've been looking for the secondary filter but haven't been able to find it. Can you PLEASE point me in the right direction ? Thank you so much

Latest posts