743 chain access

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OhYou_

So I bought a very broken 743 skid steer the other day, and I'm going through it to try and fix everything. It looks like the left rear drive chain is either off the sprocket or broken. I was able to pull the front top cover with the foot brake on it and look down inside, but I couldn't really see back that far. Is there some sort of trick to getting a new chain on there or do I need to pull the machine completely apart? It looks like at least the valving is in the way, which I'm guessing is attached to the pump. If I do need to pull the pump, can I just pull the whole thing out as one piece easily? I do need to pull the engine out anyway, as it is broken. Also, does anyone have a service manual in pdf they can send me? I'm having not much luck getting one. Thanks.

Tazza

Staff member
The valve isn't too big of an issue, the drive pump sits over the rear cover from memory, this is the cover you want to gain access to the rear chains, naturally it's the hardest to get to.
You can actually lift the chassis off the chain case to work on the chain case. About 20 bolts, drive motors and a few linkages is all it takes, and you can roll the chaincase out.

Latest posts