743 Bucking

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

lfutrell

I have a 743 that when i try to start moving quick it will go into a bucking fit and it is really hard to get stopped, the drive motors seem fine , good and strong, no pulling,no noise, spins the tires when pushing against a tree, all the linkages seem to be tight, and it won't do this if i start to move slow then increase the speed. (but sometimes i get impatent)

OldMachinist

Don't take this wrong but bucking is normally the operator over correcting with the steering levers. You push the sticks forward and the front end lifts so you pull back and then it tilts forward so you push forward and on and on. I've seen it many times with a new operator and I tell then just let go of the levers when it starts,
Try this in a open flat area, just push the sticks forward quickly, hold them there and see what happens. The front end may lift a little but I'll bet it doesn't buck.

DL9191

Don't take this wrong but bucking is normally the operator over correcting with the steering levers. You push the sticks forward and the front end lifts so you pull back and then it tilts forward so you push forward and on and on. I've seen it many times with a new operator and I tell then just let go of the levers when it starts,
Try this in a open flat area, just push the sticks forward quickly, hold them there and see what happens. The front end may lift a little but I'll bet it doesn't buck.
It usually bucks more if there's no weight in the wheels ...get the wheels filled w ith foam and it won't bounce so much

willie59

It usually bucks more if there's no weight in the wheels ...get the wheels filled w ith foam and it won't bounce so much
IMHO, the 743 is notorious for bucking and operator if he doesn't operate it properly, more so than the later model Bobcats. Once it starts bucking, next thing you know you'd think you're riding a basketball. It's best to rest your forearms on the lap bar and use it to steady your arms as opposed to operating one just open arms, that's what will cause the back and forth motion mentioned by Taza.

willie59

IMHO, the 743 is notorious for bucking and operator if he doesn't operate it properly, more so than the later model Bobcats. Once it starts bucking, next thing you know you'd think you're riding a basketball. It's best to rest your forearms on the lap bar and use it to steady your arms as opposed to operating one just open arms, that's what will cause the back and forth motion mentioned by Old Machinest.

willie59

IMHO, the 743 is notorious for bucking and operator if he doesn't operate it properly, more so than the later model Bobcats. Once it starts bucking, next thing you know you'd think you're riding a basketball. It's best to rest your forearms on the lap bar and use it to steady your arms as opposed to operating one just open arms, that's what will cause the back and forth motion mentioned by Old Machinest.
Ok...how the heck did I post that twice. Bah ha ha ha hahaha

hyp7

try putting your bucket down lower ;)
This happend to me once. The machine didnt have a bucket on it and thought it was going to flip over. My solution is to cut the throttle down quickly. I found most of the time I use less the half throttle for most of the work I do. Just my 2 cents.