743 bucket tilt problems

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

warrenoliver

I have a 743 that has recently been having problems with the bucket tilt drifting. When loaded heavily, the bucket tilts down very quickly so I have to push the foot control every 10 seconds or so in order to tilt it back. Even empty, the bucket tilts down pretty fast - especially when it is warm. Is there an easy way to tell if the leak is coming from the tilt cylinder vs. the control valve? If the control valve needs replacement, is this something I can do with the engine and pump in the unit? Is this a big job ($$$) better left to the dealer? Thanks in advance for your help.

lfutrell

Chances are 95% internal cylinder leakage,5% something else. I would start with putting a kit in the cylinder as that is the easy fix. As for the control valve , it can be changed with the engine in , (But a real pain in the a..)

Tazza

Staff member
Chances are 95% internal cylinder leakage,5% something else. I would start with putting a kit in the cylinder as that is the easy fix. As for the control valve , it can be changed with the engine in , (But a real pain in the a..)
I agree, change the seals first, they aren't that expensive, then go on to the control block if needed.

farmshop

I agree, change the seals first, they aren't that expensive, then go on to the control block if needed.
Most times a valve problem would involve a oil leak. The control valve on the 743 is a bearcat to get at we had one changed at a dealer years ago. You can take one hose off the cylinder and put pressure to the other side and see if it bleeds through