743 Bobcat

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

PartsTray

Hey everyone I'm new to the forum an I have a chance to go look at a 743 Bobcat that the fuel is getting in the oil an it smokes bad is what the guy said I was wondering if the fuel issue had anything to do with the smoking or could be a separate issue thanks Andy

SkidRoe

Depends on the colour of the smoke, and how full the crankcase is with combined oil/diesel fuel. The fuel is most likely traveling to the crankcase from where the injection pump is connected to the timing chest. Be prepared to have the injection pump rebuilt/serviced as a minimum. Good luck - SR

Tazza

Staff member
Depends on the colour of the smoke, and how full the crankcase is with combined oil/diesel fuel. The fuel is most likely traveling to the crankcase from where the injection pump is connected to the timing chest. Be prepared to have the injection pump rebuilt/serviced as a minimum. Good luck - SR
It could also be a bad fuel pump, if it is leaking it can get into the chain case.
If you factor in a replacement engine into your price, you should be safe. You can get them for around the 2k mark i thought off ebay. You can use that as a bargaining chip.