743 bobcat left arm won't lift

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dbwonder13

Hello, I purchased a nice bobcat 743 that starts, runs and operates very well. One problem it has is the lift. When you push the list pedal, the right arm attempts to lift the arms. However the left arm appears to by locked in place. If you put a floor jack under the bucket you can lift lift the arms while working the pedal. Once up in the air and you hit the lift, the arms will settle bank to the ground. I have unhooked the linkage and tried to work the valve directly at the valve box. Same result. Machine has plenty of fluid and every other feature works as it should. Any help would be appreciated.

Jerry01314

On my 742 if the drive arms are pushed to cage side it will lock lift. Make sure drive arms are pulled to to center.

brdgbldr

On my 742 if the drive arms are pushed to cage side it will lock lift. Make sure drive arms are pulled to to center.
Moving the control lever to the far right engages the auxiliary detent which keeps the auxiliary running. This will cause all sorts of problems since it lowers the hydraulic pressure to the lift and tilt.

To disengage the auxiliary detent you must move the lever to the far left. If you do not use the auxiliaries, you can lock them out by placing a bolt in the linkage through the holes that line up when the lever is in neutral.

spitzair

Sounds to me like someone crossed the hoses on the lift cylinder on one side. I once rebuilt a lift cylinder and got the hoses backwards on one side and it did exactly what you are describing. If it seems like the right side is lifting but the left side isn't I would suspect the left side to be the problem. Try switching the lift cylinder hoses for the left lift cylinder and see what happens. They are easiest to switch in the engine room down on the left side near the floor. The picture is of a 732 but they're in the exact same place on your 743.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    493.2 KB · Views: 77