743 - 630 Lift Arm Assembly

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pondfishr

Will the lift arm assembly on a 630 fit on a 743? My 743 has a couple of welds on the front and I would like to replace it for cosmetic purposes. It works good but looks bad. I have a friend with a 630 and he has offered to trade the lift arms but I don't want to try it if it won't fit. I also would be interested if someone had a 743 machine that they want to part out.

jerry

If you go to historical specs under loaders on the bobcat home page it will give all of the dimensions of the machines and the 630 is almost the same as the 743. The cab on the 630 does not tilt however so that may make a difference in how the lift arms are attached. hope that helps some.

OP
OP
P

pondfishr

If you go to historical specs under loaders on the bobcat home page it will give all of the dimensions of the machines and the 630 is almost the same as the 743. The cab on the 630 does not tilt however so that may make a difference in how the lift arms are attached. hope that helps some.
Thanks for the tip. I looked at the Bobcat historical specs and it does measure a little different along with a lesser load rating. Also after looking at his machine I decided it might be best to find a 743 that needs repair and purchase the whole machine if the price is right.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks for the tip. I looked at the Bobcat historical specs and it does measure a little different along with a lesser load rating. Also after looking at his machine I decided it might be best to find a 743 that needs repair and purchase the whole machine if the price is right.
Is the damage to your arms THAT bad? I repaired mine that had a crack all the way around and wasn't set correctly by the previous owner when they welded it. I managed to get it all straight again and it hasn't re-cracked, and believe me, i have done some pretty hard work on it.

OP
OP
P

pondfishr

Is the damage to your arms THAT bad? I repaired mine that had a crack all the way around and wasn't set correctly by the previous owner when they welded it. I managed to get it all straight again and it hasn't re-cracked, and believe me, i have done some pretty hard work on it.
The damage was repaired by welding a plate across the the front of the machine it also has a little damage on one corner of the cab. Must have been flipped at some point in its life. It was damaged when I bought it. The problem is that the welder didn't take the steel plate from one side to the other and you can see it there welded in the middle of the lift arm. It is not a big deal only cosmetic. If I can find a machine cheap with the body in good shape it might be worth getting it for parts and swapping the cab and lift arms out. My 743 is a really good machine but it is 20 years old. I would like to restore it back to looking new someday if I get the opportunity.

Tazza

Staff member
The damage was repaired by welding a plate across the the front of the machine it also has a little damage on one corner of the cab. Must have been flipped at some point in its life. It was damaged when I bought it. The problem is that the welder didn't take the steel plate from one side to the other and you can see it there welded in the middle of the lift arm. It is not a big deal only cosmetic. If I can find a machine cheap with the body in good shape it might be worth getting it for parts and swapping the cab and lift arms out. My 743 is a really good machine but it is 20 years old. I would like to restore it back to looking new someday if I get the opportunity.
Thats a good idea, just keep an eye out and hopefully something will pop up. As long as its not urgent, just keep looking.

Luthor

Thats a good idea, just keep an eye out and hopefully something will pop up. As long as its not urgent, just keep looking.
I have the lift arms out of my 743 at the moment, you need to be aware that the machine will be extremely tail heavy and should not be moved without it.

Tazza

Staff member
I have the lift arms out of my 743 at the moment, you need to be aware that the machine will be extremely tail heavy and should not be moved without it.
Very true, the book tells you to install a jack under the engine at the back of the frame for stability. This won't help if you need to move though....

OP
OP
P

pondfishr

Very true, the book tells you to install a jack under the engine at the back of the frame for stability. This won't help if you need to move though....
This information is great to have. I never thought about without the lift arms the machine would be out of balance. Thank you!!

Tazza

Staff member
This information is great to have. I never thought about without the lift arms the machine would be out of balance. Thank you!!
OOH believe me they do!
On the 743 i re-did, i had the engine in, no lift arms or rams, no rear door. I could stand at the front and with one hand lift the front of the loader up. Scares the poo out of you when you don't expect it while working in the engine bay and all of a sudden the thing tips back! Putting a hydraulic jack under the engine near the back door fixes it really well though.