731 ?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

123ruger

the pump under the square block i know it works the lift can it have anything to with it not wanting to turn left or right if it was weak?

OldMachinist

Yes the hydraulic pump supplies the charge pressure for the hydrostatic drive. Put a 200psi pressure gauge in the port the charge pressure sending unit is in and see what the charge pressure is.

OP
OP

123ruger

Yes the hydraulic pump supplies the charge pressure for the hydrostatic drive. Put a 200psi pressure gauge in the port the charge pressure sending unit is in and see what the charge pressure is.
put gauge on it it read 90lbs 95 at full thottle what is the pressure suppose to be ? thanks

OldMachinist

put gauge on it it read 90lbs 95 at full thottle what is the pressure suppose to be ? thanks
I don't have a service manual for the 731 but the 720 series manual says above 75psi is good. Move the steering levers one at a time and see what the pressure does.

OP
OP

123ruger

I don't have a service manual for the 731 but the 720 series manual says above 75psi is good. Move the steering levers one at a time and see what the pressure does.
did not move very much at all never went below 90lbs i guess i will pull trans. pump out this week thats all that is left the guy that rebuilt it said he has never had a bad one i guess i got the first bad one. out of things to check

Tazza

Staff member
did not move very much at all never went below 90lbs i guess i will pull trans. pump out this week thats all that is left the guy that rebuilt it said he has never had a bad one i guess i got the first bad one. out of things to check
That charge pressure is good.
I'm really not sure where to look from here.....