720 lift arms falling

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

waynemags

ok i did a test on my lift arms. i took off the line closest to the engine and plugged it. i had the arms all the way down. then i tilted the pedal for the lift arms to see if any fluid comes out of the open hole. when i tilt the pedal to lower fluid comes out. it says in the manual to tilt the tilt pedal forward to test the lift arms. forum member says to do the test with the lift pedal. im confused now wich one to do. as i said i did the test with the lift pedal. and did get fluid out of the cylinder. ill post another about what machines symptoms are now.

jerry

If I understand this right you took off the hose to the butt end of the cylinder and then pressed the pedal to lower the boom and oil came out of the cylinder? If so I would say the cylinder piston seals are shot, as the pressure is going in the rod end fitting to force the boom down and bypassing the piston seals. you could expect a couple cups of residual oil but not a steady flow.

OP
OP
W

waynemags

If I understand this right you took off the hose to the butt end of the cylinder and then pressed the pedal to lower the boom and oil came out of the cylinder? If so I would say the cylinder piston seals are shot, as the pressure is going in the rod end fitting to force the boom down and bypassing the piston seals. you could expect a couple cups of residual oil but not a steady flow.
cylinders seals were toast. thanx guys.