7 pin connector

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bandit1047

Can one of you Bobcat Mechanics help me out? I am looking at a stump grinder (Bobcat brand).
This grinder has a 7 pin connector. I own a Mustang, NO 7 pin connector. Will this attachment work on my Mustang? What does the 7 pin connector do or control? Any help would be appreciated!
Joe

skidsteer.ca

Bobcats 7 pin is not compatible with any other brand of loader. It uses power pulses and is computer controled???.
The wire harness controls a valve that splits some of the flow that turns the grinder wheel off and diverts it to the hydraulic cylinders to control their movement when desired.
You could ask a Bobcat dealer about this but to the best of my knowledge the harness is a no go, the valve it controls likely won't work unless bobcat says they have a way of running this with their older 14 pin harness. The 14 pin used common 12v power on to move a cylinder. no power means hold the clinder in position.
You could buy a electric over hydraulic valve from some place like www.surpluscenter.com to replace the bobcat valve and wire it up with common 12 volt controls like every other manufacturer in the world uses on their skids. @$400 if the deal is good enough on the grinder.
Bobcat deserves a hearty kick in the n*ts for the 7 pin, just another attempt at keeping everthing Bobcat. We can match our attachments with the 14 pin bobcat, or any other brand of skidsteer, but not the 7 pin.
I added one of the Erskine ones to my attachment list this year, sure don't take long to get rid of a stump, 3 to 4 minutes to eat a 16 incher.
Ken