642b throttle/rpm

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

vanguy

I have an issue with my 642b, while your operating hydraulics, multiple functions or lower arms real quick the rpms drop out and the machine sounds like its going to stall. machine has just been serviced and all new filters including the hyd filter. is this a governer issue? or some kind of hydraulic issue?

Tazza

Staff member
Sounds like your govenor. Check its still got oil in it. I remember some leaked and ran dry causing issues.

Marcus

Sounds like your govenor. Check its still got oil in it. I remember some leaked and ran dry causing issues.
Vanguy, did you find out what was causing it stall out? I just got my 642B running this morning. The starter drive had to be replaced so I re-installed the starter and I got it running. But it is running rough when I try to move it and eventually stalls out, dosn't have much power. It wasn't running when I bought it so I'm pleased that I got it going, just needs a tune up. Any ideas?

Marcus

Finally got my 642B running like new. I had to replace the ignition points & adjust the timing. This all took about 20 minutes with buddy the expert mechanic. Very happy so far considering I picked this machine up for next to nothing as it wasn't running and the previous owner couldn't diagnose the problems with the machine. Keep us posted to what you figure out with yours.