642b jammed float valve

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

vanguy

I have a 642b, was working fine until I put bucket in float position and now it will not come out, it seems like it is jammed. I took linkage apart to make sure it is not frozen and found it is in actual valve body. anyone have any Idea about a fix for this situation?

Tazza

Staff member
There are metal balls that hold it in place. They are in the housing on the end of the spool facing the engine. They probably wore enough to get stuck between the housing and spool...... I really don't know how to get them out. You can remove the cap and try pulling and twisting, it may get them to turn enough to release.

Des

There are metal balls that hold it in place. They are in the housing on the end of the spool facing the engine. They probably wore enough to get stuck between the housing and spool...... I really don't know how to get them out. You can remove the cap and try pulling and twisting, it may get them to turn enough to release.
Is the cap on the back of the control valve the one with the c-clip if so, remove the c-clip then undo the two cap screws that hold the aluminum cap on, then pull the cap off. If the cap has two 7/16 bolts on each side of the end of the cap then remove the 7/16 bolts which hold the spring and detent ball in place,then the cap screws that hold the aluminum cap in place,then remove the cap. I would buy a new detent kit .

OP
OP
V

vanguy

thx for the reply guys, im going to try to get in there to the valve to see about the caps. will let you know how i make out