642 gas bobcat choke problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

I just rebuilt the original 1.6 ford motor,starter exhaust ect...I started the motor and will onley run on 3/4 choke. Ive rebuilt carb, flange not bent , new fuel pump,fresh gas in tank and tank is clean.Vent cap is fine. I am at a loss. Will the selinoid on the foat bowl have any thing to do with it ? I put 12 volts to it and it did not move the pin in or out.I even took it out but the motor would deisel after I turned it off so I put it back.Motor runs great just on choke.Help

OldMachinist

On some engines the solenoid shuts off the fuel delivery and on some it blocks the main jet from suppling fuel. It sounds like on yours it shuts the main jet and likely the cause of your problem or you could just have some crud stuck in the main jet restricting fuel.

craigb93

The float level is sensitive on the Zenith updraft. Be sure you are on the money here. Also ethanol fuel will use up one of these fuel pumps in short order. I replaced mine with a Carter P4070 electric pump to cure the same problem. I still add marine grade Stabil to the fuel too. Dick

Hotrod1830

Vacuum leak? Check for a vacuum leak by spraying carb cleaner around carb/intake and listen for any changes.

Latest posts