632 weak, drive motors or hydrostat?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

SkidRoe

i'll add one thing: If lets say, i've been having too much gas for the hydraulics, it shouln't work as it should, right? Since normal hydraulic pumps and motors has a standard RPM it should have to work as it should.
I am going to take a shot in the dark and say that you should not be revving your engine much beyond 3000 RPM. Your VW motor has the capability of going to 5000 RPM, so you definitely need to throttle back. Over revving the hydraulic system will definitely have negative performance effects, and could cause damage.
Installing a governor (speed regulator) on your VW engine is highly recommended. If the one off of the old Ford engine is still serviceable, you should be able to make it work.
BTW - I am always interested in seeing pictures of repowered units. If you have a chance, please post some pictures of your machine. Thanks!!
Hope this helps - SR

antfarmer2

I am going to take a shot in the dark and say that you should not be revving your engine much beyond 3000 RPM. Your VW motor has the capability of going to 5000 RPM, so you definitely need to throttle back. Over revving the hydraulic system will definitely have negative performance effects, and could cause damage.
Installing a governor (speed regulator) on your VW engine is highly recommended. If the one off of the old Ford engine is still serviceable, you should be able to make it work.
BTW - I am always interested in seeing pictures of repowered units. If you have a chance, please post some pictures of your machine. Thanks!!
Hope this helps - SR
You can get a cheap lasar tach to get the rpm then set it so you can't over rev

Tazza

Staff member
You can get a cheap lasar tach to get the rpm then set it so you can't over rev
Not sure on the RPM but as stated, not over 3,000. 3,000 rpm is pretty well full throttle on Kubota diesels, i generally run mine at 1/2 to 3/4, so i'd like to sit about 2,000 and see how it goes, work from there.

OP
OP
P

PA.Johansson

Hope this helps - SR
Hi, the machine works pretty good now, when the throttle is set lower now, soon i'll try to mount the govenor. I've uploaded some pictures from the restauration process: http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/imrtl88/library/?sort=3&page=1 /Anton

SkidRoe

Hi, the machine works pretty good now, when the throttle is set lower now, soon i'll try to mount the govenor. I've uploaded some pictures from the restauration process: http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/imrtl88/library/?sort=3&page=1 /Anton
Wow, that was quite a project!! Well done!! That governor will make a world of difference.

Tazza

Staff member
Wow, that was quite a project!! Well done!! That governor will make a world of difference.
I second that wow, it sure looks better than it did before the restoration :)
I have pictures of a 743 i did up, it was pretty bad before i started, caught fire, but looked a treat by the end.

OP
OP
P

PA.Johansson

I second that wow, it sure looks better than it did before the restoration :)
I have pictures of a 743 i did up, it was pretty bad before i started, caught fire, but looked a treat by the end.
Thank u guys! It was a really fun project, i got the machine in april last year and in june it was ready! Tazza: where can i find pictures of the 743? /A

Tazza

Staff member
Thank u guys! It was a really fun project, i got the machine in april last year and in june it was ready! Tazza: where can i find pictures of the 743? /A
Look up my profile, i can email you some or put them on the net. There are quite a few :)