630 fuel level

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Buster F

Hey fellas, i've been a member here for a little while but this is my first post. I have a 1979 630 that i brought back from the dead and am very pleased with. My question is does anyone know of a reliable way to check the fuel on my machine? There is no guage or sightglass that i can find and checking it with a stick is fairly ineffective (the angle of the filler neck results in hitting the other side of the tank before the bottom). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Roy

Tazza

Staff member
I thought it would have a fuel sender fitted.... My 731 did and it was the same vintage. I'd check behind the cab (big job i know) to ensure there isn't a fuel sender screwed into the top of the fuel tank.

OP
OP
B

Buster F

I thought it would have a fuel sender fitted.... My 731 did and it was the same vintage. I'd check behind the cab (big job i know) to ensure there isn't a fuel sender screwed into the top of the fuel tank.
I'll check for it tomorrow. Thanks, Roy

Tazza

Staff member
If not you could t a clear piece of plastic tubing into a line at below the tank and hook the other end to the vent line on the top. Make a gravity level indicator.
Ken
Thats a very clever idea! I have seen it done before, but never thought to mention it.

OP
OP
B

Buster F

Thats a very clever idea! I have seen it done before, but never thought to mention it.
Very good idea - if there's no sending unit on the tank, i'll have to look around for some clear fuel line.Thanks, Roy