463 won't turn on!!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

skye_chacho

I was wondering why my Bobcat 463 was not working. After buying it, I used it about 4 times and recently it stopped working. The engine won't start and won't turn on so I bought a new battery and it turned on twice but then the same thing happened so jumpstarted it with my car and it turned on but the next day, it was as if I did nothing because it was dead again. I started messing around with the back and found a burnt switch fuse so I replaced it and jumpstarted the battery again. It turned on but when I turned it off but after 10 min it turned off on its own and when I turned the key to turn it on, it was dead. I also had someone come check it out but they said it was the battery but they came five days after I replaced it so I do not think that is the problem. I do not want to take it to the repair shop so any ideas? Thank you all

Tazza

Staff member
You mention that jumping it works, is it possible something is flattening the battery? a bad alternator can flatten a battery over night.
Hopefully it's that simple

foton

You mention that jumping it works, is it possible something is flattening the battery? a bad alternator can flatten a battery over night.
Hopefully it's that simple
the around normal voltage should be a hair over or under 12 volts, put some type of vom on the battery and take a reading , start it or jump it just get it running. look at the voltage on the battery it should rise to somewhere around 14.5 volts if not it is normally the alt. itself or the voltage regulator which can be internal or external. If it is internal replace alt. if it is external further testing will be required to see which it bad. or replace both. Oh if you do jump it remove cables before taking second reading.