443 hydraulic bubbling

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

443life

hey everyone ive got a 443 with a d750 kubota in it, i recently changed 6 hydraulic hoses which were all the originals that the old owner "claimed" to have changed. managed to get the hardest 2 at the bottom of the pump without removing the pump at all. started her up everything runs good engine wise i let it idle for a good few minutes then slowly stroked everything noticed a chattering when i was lifting the arms about halfway up then i notice hydraulic fluid leaking on the ground and i open the rops to inspect and i see it bubbling out of the top of the reservoir, i cant seem to see anything leaking for that matter the only thing ive re and re'd is the hoses themselves nothing else if that helps also when the motor is just being started up it takes a good couple strokes of the levers for it to actually pick up speed any one have any ideas or suggestions at all i would be greatful thanks

antfarmer2

Not sure if that one needs to be bled but most are self bleeding just run it slow and don't max anything out and let it settle out the air and repeat

OldMachinist

Might be sucking air but try this first
It could just be air in the system from changing the hoses. Try running it at about half throttle, drive slowly while raising, lowering, tilting the bucket. Do that for 5-7 minutes, shut it down and let it sit for a couple of hours for the bubbles in the tank to settle out. Then repeat it all until the hydraulics work smooth. If this doesn't work then you have a suction leak before the pump, likely at the connection of the suction hose to the tank. You know that really pain in the rear place to get to.

OP
OP
443life

443life

It could just be air in the system from changing the hoses. Try running it at about half throttle, drive slowly while raising, lowering, tilting the bucket. Do that for 5-7 minutes, shut it down and let it sit for a couple of hours for the bubbles in the tank to settle out. Then repeat it all until the hydraulics work smooth. If this doesn't work then you have a suction leak before the pump, likely at the connection of the suction hose to the tank. You know that really pain in the rear place to get to.
so i ended up power washing the entire engine/hydraulic bay to give it a better look over and i found a leak in the charge line that connects to the oil cooler, the hose looked completely fine but it is the original so im hoping thats the problem keeping my fingers crossed! thanks for the replies if it persists ill try your methods..