443 aux hydraulic quick connect questions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

SlowDave

I have a 443B that I purchased several months ago and I want to order new quick connects from Parker that will fit a modern attachment I purchased. It looks like the new attachment has 3/4" connectors. It looks like the original connectors were 1/2". I haven't pulled them off yet because I want to have the new ones on hand. It looks like the connectors are screwed on to 1/2" MIP thread. Is that correct, 1/2" MIP? Also am I going to get a major spew of hydraulic fluid when I make the swap?

Thanks

Dave

foton

they make hydro approved reducer bushings,from what I understand galv. pipe fittings should not be used because of possible metal flaking.

OP
OP
S

SlowDave

It turned out to not be a tapered thread. I got it back together with the new quick connects and I only had to go to four hydraulic hose places to find the right parts, one twice. I don't know if it is just me but everything seems to be two or three times as hard these days. The work is easy, getting the parts is the problem. Four hours running around, lee than an hour to do the job. WTF happened to this country? We used to be Can Do but now it is just excuses, shrugged shoulders and handouts.

LeoB

SlowDave - You asked "WTF happened to this country?". In my opinion, it all started in the education our kids were getting in the 80's and after. Things became more and more watered down. Now, employees who stay at a job more than 5 years are rare. Most don't want to get their hands dirty nor do they want to do very much systematic thinking. It does not matter if you are working on hydraulics, electrical systems, engines or electronic controls. The bottom line is you have understand that system and "think like it" when troubleshooting it. It is up to the "old guys" to share/pass that knowledge down. But the "new guy" has to want to pick it up. And that goes for service manuals to, what passes for tech data these days is disgraceful.

Jyuma1

SlowDave - You asked "WTF happened to this country?". In my opinion, it all started in the education our kids were getting in the 80's and after. Things became more and more watered down. Now, employees who stay at a job more than 5 years are rare. Most don't want to get their hands dirty nor do they want to do very much systematic thinking. It does not matter if you are working on hydraulics, electrical systems, engines or electronic controls. The bottom line is you have understand that system and "think like it" when troubleshooting it. It is up to the "old guys" to share/pass that knowledge down. But the "new guy" has to want to pick it up. And that goes for service manuals to, what passes for tech data these days is disgraceful.
Agree 100%.

Begin rant:

My day job is IT Director in the Food industry. I've held that position in the same company for the past 30 years. I'm a director, a programmer, a plumber, an electrician, a mechanic and a woodworker... all at the same time.

The youth today, requiring extended puberty, could care less about learning the same trades that enabled my wife and I to raise 4 children in comparative comfort, and yet too many have worthless degrees in vocations where there are no jobs.

Back in my day (quite a while ago) High School prepared you to be independent while offering courses in the trades. Today they prepare students for a life of dependency, where personal pronouns supersede the ability to be able to support oneself.

End of rant... now back to replacing the gland seals on my backhoe.

foton

I remember my world lit. teacher asking me why I did not take her class seriously, I told her she was teaching something I did not need to know. I would not be a teacher so I would not need it,I am more like a black and white guy, gray is not my favorite color ( like yes or no). I like hands on, she said I needed a overall edcauation, 30 years at the same job, in the ulitilites end of things, never used world lit. I think of the hours spent I could have been taught something usefull. And now I see that has gotten so much worse.

Groundhog

AMEN!! It's all part of the dumbing down of America ! Watch the movie idiocracy.

ddbackhoe

Everyone seems to want someone else to fix their problems. Problem with the roof, call somebody. Problem with the grass, call somebody. They are surprised when the phone doesnt get answered. The government and academia pushed classroom education as the only answer. Remember when the steel industry and others shut down? They pushed for more reeducation to computer jobs. Now, years later, they are starting to push the trades as cool jobs. Is it because all the people that actually know how to fix stuff are retired or close to it?

I grew up learning how to fix my own stuff from heating equipment to diesels. Spent a few years doing mechanical/electronic stuff before getting an engineering degree (too many doors were closed for a white guy without one). Never enjoyed the white hat environment because I hate playing politics, watching people sell their souls.

dvalin

they make hydro approved reducer bushings,from what I understand galv. pipe fittings should not be used because of possible metal flaking.
That's why black pipe is used for gas and I assume for hydraulics since I just repaired a John deere auger by replacing factory black pipe with black pipe from the depot