334G excavator

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tractormech

Hello all -I'm working on a 334G serial 234513479. It smothers and stalls out. All filters have been replaced and I even added a temporary fuel tank to eliminate trash in the tank clogging the supply line.The fuel solenoid has been replaced as well. The problem isn't constant. It may run 2 hours with no issues the will quit running 5 times in a row in 5 minutes. There's no rhyme to it's occurrence. My manual shows a computer of sorts that controls power to the solenoid but the dealer says it doesn't have one so someone's wrong. I will bypass the solenoid to eliminate that possibility as well. I think the hydraulics are going to full power and stalling the motor. Is there a stroke valve that controls pump output? And does a computer can the stroke valve?Any experience or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Tazza

Staff member
When it stalls, do you get black smoke from the exhaust like it is being loaded down?
I don't know if it would have a stroke valve, even if it did, without any hydraulic functions at the end of their stroke, they won't load down the pumps to the point of stalling the motor?

OP
OP
T

Tractormech

When it stalls, do you get black smoke from the exhaust like it is being loaded down?
I don't know if it would have a stroke valve, even if it did, without any hydraulic functions at the end of their stroke, they won't load down the pumps to the point of stalling the motor?
UPDATE-It's running better now than it ever has according to the owner. An electric fuel pump fixed it.I remembered one that had low power and it turned out the lobe on the cam that operated the lift pump was wiped and the pump wasn't getting enough stroke to pump properly. I put an electric fuel pump on it and bypassed the lift pump and it ran great. Did the same thing with this one and he's off and running. Thanks to Tazza for trying to help. That's how we should look out for each other. Everyone stay safe!

Tazza

Staff member
UPDATE-It's running better now than it ever has according to the owner. An electric fuel pump fixed it.I remembered one that had low power and it turned out the lobe on the cam that operated the lift pump was wiped and the pump wasn't getting enough stroke to pump properly. I put an electric fuel pump on it and bypassed the lift pump and it ran great. Did the same thing with this one and he's off and running. Thanks to Tazza for trying to help. That's how we should look out for each other. Everyone stay safe!
Glad you got it fixed, they can be quite fussy about having enough lift pressure to the injector pump.