310 hydraulic pump replacement

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hammerhead63

Curious if this pump will work as a replacement for my worn out Cessna pump. https://www.magisterhyd.com/hydraulics-shop/product-category/gear-pumps/magister-hydraulic-gear-pumps-3-4-keyed-shaft/ Cant rebuild it and so need to source an alternate that's within the budget.

flyerdan

You might need a different pulley if the shaft size is different; the Cessna 24205 spec that I found called out a 9/16" shaft, but that was a -RAJ on Surplus Center which was sold out.
Another thing to consider is port orientation, especially if you have hard lines coming into it. Other than that, the $114 0.61cid one looks good.

OP
OP
H

Hammerhead63

You might need a different pulley if the shaft size is different; the Cessna 24205 spec that I found called out a 9/16" shaft, but that was a -RAJ on Surplus Center which was sold out.
Another thing to consider is port orientation, especially if you have hard lines coming into it. Other than that, the $114 0.61cid one looks good.
Thanks flyerdan. Can you say where you got the 24205 spec for the pump? I've looked around and haven't seen it anywhere. Thanks!

flyerdan

Thanks flyerdan. Can you say where you got the 24205 spec for the pump? I've looked around and haven't seen it anywhere. Thanks!
The specs I saw was from a pump on Surplus Center, which had a different suffix, so it could have had a different shaft or port configuration. It said it was a 0.52 cid, which should be consistent across the range.
If you google:
Cessna 24205 you'll get a lot of different suffix numbers, including the SC one.
Cessna 24205 LAC which is the correct suffix for your machine, you get some different results, including a lot of threads here about the same issue.
If you can find a replacement with the same mounting (SAE A), the same shaft diameter so you can use your existing pulley, has the same port threads and rotation, that would be ideal, but you have to know exactly what you need first.
You can always contact Loader Parts Source, they probably have a replacement.

OP
OP
H

Hammerhead63

The specs I saw was from a pump on Surplus Center, which had a different suffix, so it could have had a different shaft or port configuration. It said it was a 0.52 cid, which should be consistent across the range.
If you google:
Cessna 24205 you'll get a lot of different suffix numbers, including the SC one.
Cessna 24205 LAC which is the correct suffix for your machine, you get some different results, including a lot of threads here about the same issue.
If you can find a replacement with the same mounting (SAE A), the same shaft diameter so you can use your existing pulley, has the same port threads and rotation, that would be ideal, but you have to know exactly what you need first.
You can always contact Loader Parts Source, they probably have a replacement.
Thanks again flyerdan. I think I can source a reasonably close pump but the shaft diameter and length may be a problem. Can you say what the diameter of the pulley is in the event I need to replace it? Machine is at my sons place otherwise I'd just lift the cab and measure it.

OP
OP
H

Hammerhead63

Thanks again flyerdan. I think I can source a reasonably close pump but the shaft diameter and length may be a problem. Can you say what the diameter of the pulley is in the event I need to replace it? Machine is at my sons place otherwise I'd just lift the cab and measure it.
Dang they are PROUD of their parts! $621 plus shipping. A comparable pump is about $140 elsewhere. I guess I'm just going to have to do some measuring and find a suitable sub and maybe source a compatible pulley after all.

flyerdan

Dang they are PROUD of their parts! $621 plus shipping. A comparable pump is about $140 elsewhere. I guess I'm just going to have to do some measuring and find a suitable sub and maybe source a compatible pulley after all.
No idea on the pulley dimensions, the online parts listing gives a number of 6555482 for the pulley and 6555504 for the belt, but google results give no specs, as is often typical with Bobcat parts, probably so you can't easily just find an off the shelf part for a tenth of what they charge.
It should be easy enough to find a pulley with the right bore and the same diameter and belt groove so you can use the OEM belt. If the shaft is just a bit bigger and there is enough meat on the pulley hub, you might be able to drill it out to the right size and re-broach the keyway with the side of a file.
Another thing you can do is check out the facebook Melroe group , they deal almost exclusively with clutch machine and are quite active with a lot of solutions to about any problem that comes up.