310 clutch neutral - creeps all the time

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

BKreitz

Bobcat 310 will not stay still. Control levers do not stay in neutral, either wants to go forward or reverse. Instructions for adjustment are confusing and I haven't figured out. Cant begin to adjust if I don't even know where neutral is. Have searched everywhere on internet etc but can't find video or pics of adjustment (just service manual that I have). Any help someone would be able to give would be much appreciated. As a last resort, I was thinking attaching a spring to each handle to have it come back to neutral? when released.

Hotrod1830

It is very difficult to explain how to adjust them. I got lost when adjusting mine from the service manual as well. Best bet is to remove the top cover and see how they work and what you are doing with the adjustments. once you can see what you are doing with the adjustments it gets easy. Neutral should be when the levers are slightly forward, with just a couple inches movement between forward/reverse. Springs are not needed if done correctly.

OP
OP
B

BKreitz

It is very difficult to explain how to adjust them. I got lost when adjusting mine from the service manual as well. Best bet is to remove the top cover and see how they work and what you are doing with the adjustments. once you can see what you are doing with the adjustments it gets easy. Neutral should be when the levers are slightly forward, with just a couple inches movement between forward/reverse. Springs are not needed if done correctly.
Hotrod, thanks for the reply. Have read manual etc but no matter how i adjust, cannot find neutral where the levers will stay. By chance do you know of a video or instruction on exactly how to do it? Any help you can give regarding this will be greatly appreciated. You can even email any info to [email protected] Thanks

Hotrod1830

Hotrod, thanks for the reply. Have read manual etc but no matter how i adjust, cannot find neutral where the levers will stay. By chance do you know of a video or instruction on exactly how to do it? Any help you can give regarding this will be greatly appreciated. You can even email any info to [email protected] Thanks
No video that I know of. More than likely, you have it adjusted to the point that one is too tight. Only way I was able to get it right, was to remove the chain case cover and was able to see how it worked and what I was adjusting. Beyond that, you are flying blind, hoping someone tells you the right direction to fly. The chain case cover isnt a lot of work to get off.