287b problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

B

I just bough a 2006 287b and new grapple. The grapple will open but will not close. There is no response from the thumb switch when I push it forward. No noise from the pump. Nothing. Lifted cab and tried to trace wires. Everything seemed in order. Was difficult to follow wires once they go through connectors Disassembled right handle and still no visual problems. Opened up actual switch and found corrosion. Cleaned and put back together. Now I have no response pushing forward or back. Grapple will not open or close. All other controls work fine. Desperate to get it working I cut and stripped the four wires leading to the switch. Touched them in every variation possible. Nothing. Checked fuses in panel three times. Nothing is blown. Any thoughts? Where do the wires eventually lead? What can I trouble shoot if new switch does not work. I have no wiring diagram or user manual. Can't find anything online. I would appreciate any help.

bobcat_ron

The wires go to a proportional solenoid control valve on the bucket/loader valve bank on the right side of the machine, trace the wires to that point, I'll bet the solenoid is shot.
You will need to pop the cab up, it's diffucult at first, but it's easy.

CarterKraft

If you have the roller thumbswitch touching the wires togther will definantly not help you. that is for the proportional control and it is all handled by the ECM under the front floor plate. If you have the two pushbutton switches then you might get some where rubbing together, but they have to be the right wires, again doubtful. Since all of this is handled by the Auxillary hyd's ecm basic troubleshooting is pretty much what you have done. maybe swap the proportional solenoids, or wires and see if the problem moves etc. then go from there. With the CAT electronic technician this is a pretty easy thing to troubleshoot and shouldn't cost more than a couple hours labor at the dealer. Good luck.