226 Loader joystick not working

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sickcat

Hi, I have a 2000, 226 that the loader doesnt work. I start it and release the parking brake and the seatbelt light starts blinking and the right joystick doesnt work. The travel (left) stick does work. The arm guard ??? and seat switch work per the ohm meter. The ECU plug looks good etc. It does seem that the longer it sits before I try it again the longer it takes for the light to start blinking. After some time it takes 6 sec but only takes 1 sec if you start it right away??? The owners manual mentions something about a " accumulator " Does that have something to do with the time difference? Any help is appreciated.

O.K., I think you should start at the work tool interlock solenoid. I'm looking at my service manual but its for a 247-257 cat. I think it would be the same though. I'm not going to be able to type all this out so click on my name to get my email. then I'll send you some pictures that might help you.

OP
OP
S

sickcat

O.K., I think you should start at the work tool interlock solenoid. I'm looking at my service manual but its for a 247-257 cat. I think it would be the same though. I'm not going to be able to type all this out so click on my name to get my email. then I'll send you some pictures that might help you.
Thanks road runner, I did find a manual to use and I have tracked it down to the interlock ECM. I checked all the sw., wires and solenoids, etc. 3 times and it all checks out fine. I even changed the leads from the hydrosatic solenoid with the work tool solenoid and the work joy stick worked. Im looking for the data link setup so I can verify its the interlock ECM before I go buy one. Man they are proud of the ECM's. The kicker is I borrowed this skidsteer from a friend at work to fill in my pool, because it was a pain in the butt. Thanks again for the reply.