2050 service questions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Joe 396

I have a new to me year 2000, 2050 with 1900 hours on it. I'd like to get ready for the 2000 hour service. Can anyone tell me what the filter numbers are? I know it sounds like a stupid question, but the numbers on my filters are either unreadable, or don't have a brand name so the number is pretty much useless. I need air, engine oil, and both hydraulic oil filter numbers. Thanks a lot, Joe

frogfarmer

Your local NAPA can probably give you the numbers and supply the filters for everything. When I was out West and no services for 50-100 miles I had them send me a filter book as I remember it was 2 volumes and about 3 inches thick; its been several years but they may still do this. We just ordered what we needed and had it shipped to the ranch.

OP
OP
J

Joe 396

Your local NAPA can probably give you the numbers and supply the filters for everything. When I was out West and no services for 50-100 miles I had them send me a filter book as I remember it was 2 volumes and about 3 inches thick; its been several years but they may still do this. We just ordered what we needed and had it shipped to the ranch.
Did you have to have the original numbers, or did it have a listing for my machine?

Tazza

Staff member
Did you have to have the original numbers, or did it have a listing for my machine?
Joe - can't you remove them and look for numbers? If you get them, they should be able to cross reference them for you. They should be printed on the filters.

Rookie

Joe - can't you remove them and look for numbers? If you get them, they should be able to cross reference them for you. They should be printed on the filters.
I believe a simple call to a Mustang dealer would do the trick. If you don't have the manuals, you can get them on eBay - or from a dealer.

frogfarmer

I believe a simple call to a Mustang dealer would do the trick. If you don't have the manuals, you can get them on eBay - or from a dealer.
They should have a cross reference that lists all the filters for your machine. I have always been able to get filters for name brand equipment through NAPA. Any dealer should be able to provide the info also. Some of the GRAY market stuff is kind of tricky but they usually build with the cheapest most available parts and if you can figure out what you need it will likely be a stocking part.

Rookie

Guess I should qualify my statement. A call to a dealer is a source for part numbers and information, not necessarily to buy anything.

overload

Here are the part numbers for the filters on a 2050 137500 Engine Oil Filter 425-34636 Fuel Filter 420-35598 Outer Air Filter 420-35599 Inner Air Filter 189260 Hydraulic Filter (Requires 2)