2011 S185 Lift Pedal Sticking

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Baatzy

Hey all, got a 2011 S185 and am having an issue with the lift pedal sticking and not returning completely to neutral. It started a couple days ago and mostly happens when bringing the arms down (pushing pedal forward), it does happen every so often while lifting as well. So far I have lifted the cab and greased/lubricated all the linkages, bushings and pins for the lift valve/pedal. From what I gather it is probably something to do with spool/valve for the lift. Does this sound accurate? Any idea what exactly would be causing the issue? Is there a seal(s) or centering spring or something that should get replaced? Much appreciated, Baatzy

Tazza

Staff member
The lift section of the falve has a float position built in, this uses metal balls and a spring. I think you are either pushing your toe too far forward to engage float mode that locks the pedal forward or the balls have worn enough to bind from time to time.
This part of the valve us located under the cap on the engine side of the control block (with the centering spring). The balls and spring can be hard to re-assemble, but it is doable.

OP
OP
B

Baatzy

The lift section of the falve has a float position built in, this uses metal balls and a spring. I think you are either pushing your toe too far forward to engage float mode that locks the pedal forward or the balls have worn enough to bind from time to time.
This part of the valve us located under the cap on the engine side of the control block (with the centering spring). The balls and spring can be hard to re-assemble, but it is doable.
Thanks for the reply. My float does not work very well so it is very possible the balls have worn too much. I will get those parts ordered. Is it possible to rebuild that detent setup without pulling the entire valve/spool out of the block? I've seen a couple videos of the detent being rebuilt on some older machines, but its always been out of the machine. If I do have to remove the valve/spool are there any seals I should get for reassembly? Thanks again.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks for the reply. My float does not work very well so it is very possible the balls have worn too much. I will get those parts ordered. Is it possible to rebuild that detent setup without pulling the entire valve/spool out of the block? I've seen a couple videos of the detent being rebuilt on some older machines, but its always been out of the machine. If I do have to remove the valve/spool are there any seals I should get for reassembly? Thanks again.
It can be replaced with it in the machine. The dentent parts slide ff the rear of the control block, the access is not awesome, but still doable.

OP
OP
B

Baatzy

It can be replaced with it in the machine. The dentent parts slide ff the rear of the control block, the access is not awesome, but still doable.
Wanted to close this thread out. I originally tried pulling everything apart and cleaning it. It helped as the detent sleeve was filled with gunk, but I found the spring broken and the sleeve was worn and pitted. I had to order a new sleeve and now that that is on it works much nicer. Thanks again for all the help.

Latest posts