2008 S185 Turbo (High Flow)

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

DMac

Quick backstory; gear pump dried out from hydraulic hose break. Replaced pump. Flushed fluid (has tiny metal flakes in filter). Removing all kinds of valves and stems to flush them too.

Issue : Auxiliary hydraulics will not work (unless I press the High Flow button the regular Variable Flow & Maximum Flow option do not engage).

What part of the hydraulic system specifically controls the Variable & Maximum Flow working so that I can target it for repair.

Thanks

brdgbldr

Go to:

Enter in your machines serial number and search "high flow". This will show you the exploded views of all the high flow components.

There is a high flow hydraulics valve the I would start with.

OP
OP
D

DMac

Go to:

Enter in your machines serial number and search "high flow". This will show you the exploded views of all the high flow components.

There is a high flow hydraulics valve the I would start with.
I took what I assume is the entire High Flow Pump off (big black box). Removed all solenoids and the valve stems. Found a large piece of metal in one. Cleaned them all up. I depressed the spring loaded "jets" inside each one. Two of them were not spring loaded valves and moved when shook. Put it all back together and now the auxiliary attachments (hammer drill), comes on as soon as you start the Bobcat. Nothing will turn it off. Seems like an automatic load on the engine when I start Bobcat without attachment hooked up. Possibly one of those "non-spring loaded" valves is stuck open/on. Any thoughts?

brdgbldr

It sounds to me like the stem in the solenoid is stuck open. The other two are the relief and check valves.

OP
OP
D

DMac

UPDATE: noticed that the female coupler was "easy" to depress when taking on/off detachments. Removed both male/female couplers, blew them out and reinstalled. Bobcat is running like a charm. Crazy how an "open" coupler was keeping things from running right.

brdgbldr

You can find a lot of posts on here where the auxiliary was accidentally put in the detent / open and the operator didn't realize it. The machine will barely lift, tilt or drive. It has happened to me more then once, but I normally come to my senses and figure out what I did.

I hope you got all of the debris out of the hydraulics. You may want to change the filters and at least try to pump some of the hydraulic oil out from the bottom of the tank to check it for debris.

Latest posts