2004 CTL80 Will only move forward until you run it a bit

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jwinslow10

MY 2004 CTL80 will only go forward when you first start it up. You can let it warm up for 10 mins, hop on it, and it will only want to move in the forward direction. It has been awhile since I have been on it, letting my brother use it, but I think it will do pivot turn toward the left (control lever to the right). It absolutely wont go backwards at all or do a spin turn, then just like magic everything starts working. It will work the rest of the day just fine when you start it back up, but after it sits overnight the problem comes back like clockwork. Everything was just serviced on the machine except for an engine oil change. Any thoughts?

cwags

MY 2004 CTL80 will only go forward when you first start it up. You can let it warm up for 10 mins, hop on it, and it will only want to move in the forward direction. It has been awhile since I have been on it, letting my brother use it, but I think it will do pivot turn toward the left (control lever to the right). It absolutely wont go backwards at all or do a spin turn, then just like magic everything starts working. It will work the rest of the day just fine when you start it back up, but after it sits overnight the problem comes back like clockwork. Everything was just serviced on the machine except for an engine oil change. Any thoughts?
Did you ever find the issue? My mtl25 does this same thing.

cwags

did you ever figure out this issue? My mtl25 does the same thing?

Firefighter

I have seen the swash plate control piston wear into the pump housing body causing oil bypass and a lose of charge pressure
usually it has no function at all in either one or both directions, sometimes just on one side , until u rev the engine or let it warm up once it starts working its good until shutdown or over night then its repeat the process, if u check charge pressure when its not working u will probably have low pressure not sure on exact pressure but thinking its around 450 PSI