2003 Bobcat T300 Fuel Supply Line Access - Hints or Help???

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tfkareus

Hello, I'm having a fuel delivery problem with my 2003 T300. Runs fine from a supply line from a 5-gallon fill can to the primer bulb and up. When I connect back to the tank supply line (1/4" ID). It may run on low idle w/ no load. But when I try to do something with it, it will slow and cut out. Problem is I want to replace this line but access seems to be almost impossible. Is their any tips or tricks for me to look for. I've had the cab up but it appears the hydrostat is sitting over top of where I need to be? Thank you, Tom

Bobcatdan

The longer your arms the better. Take the side panels off by the fan housing outlets. With a good work light find the two hoses between the engine and the hydro. Pull the elbows out of their grommets. Attach a wire on the other end and pull it threw. Use the wire to pull the new hose threw. Take your time and go easy, last thing you want to do is pull the wire off. One thing to check first, try running it with out the fuel cap. I have seen those fail to vent properly causing running issues.

OP
OP
T

tfkareus

The longer your arms the better. Take the side panels off by the fan housing outlets. With a good work light find the two hoses between the engine and the hydro. Pull the elbows out of their grommets. Attach a wire on the other end and pull it threw. Use the wire to pull the new hose threw. Take your time and go easy, last thing you want to do is pull the wire off. One thing to check first, try running it with out the fuel cap. I have seen those fail to vent properly causing running issues.
Thank you! With a good light I was able to see the two hoses (supply and overfill) thru the side panel. I can reach in there and feel my way ... wish me luck! Would it be worth rerouting the line around the side of the engine rather than under. My lines seem pretty tight going under ... might be hard to remove and replace. I"ll check the fuel cap as well.

OP
OP
T

tfkareus

Thank you! With a good light I was able to see the two hoses (supply and overfill) thru the side panel. I can reach in there and feel my way ... wish me luck! Would it be worth rerouting the line around the side of the engine rather than under. My lines seem pretty tight going under ... might be hard to remove and replace. I"ll check the fuel cap as well.
Nope, not the fuel cap. Onto replacing the fuel supply line.

OP
OP
T

tfkareus

Nope, not the fuel cap. Onto replacing the fuel supply line.
Ended up being the fuel pick up tube that goes inside the tank. Just pulled the elbow out with the grommet and replaced it. Runs good now. Boy was it ever hard to get that grommet pushed back down into the tank (no leverage to push).