2002 jd 280 skid steer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pmarkm

My 280 JD skid won't start, It will every once and a while, random starts, When it starts It runs great, I jumped the seatbelt switch and the seat pressure switch, It start right up after, I thought I fixed it, can out next day and just cranked no start. After I crank it and it doesn't start there is a loud beeping from around the left headlight if looking at the machine's front, I don't remember hearing that before, I checked he fuses, I was reading it might be a relay, if so are the relays the ones that are next to the fuse box? I need help, My son filled some of my pond and the DNR is freaking out. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Tazza

Staff member
It could be a relay, it could also be your fuel shut off solenoid and or timer if fitted.
Sorry, no idea on the location of the relays.

jerry

It could be a relay, it could also be your fuel shut off solenoid and or timer if fitted.
Sorry, no idea on the location of the relays.
Not sure at all but it may be that the jumpers you put in can't be left in after shutdown. The machine may need to see that the jumper is put in only after you sit in the seat. There is a sequence I'm sure that must be followed.

Bobcatdan

Not sure at all but it may be that the jumpers you put in can't be left in after shutdown. The machine may need to see that the jumper is put in only after you sit in the seat. There is a sequence I'm sure that must be followed.
I would check wiring to the fuel shut off solenoid. The park brake switch being on is the only thing it cares about to start and run.