2 questions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Michael338

I have a 2008 Bobcat S70 with about 750 hours.
It needs a hydraulic pump and it misses at high idle so they said it needs an injector.
Otherwise everything works.
I am going to sell it, how much do you think its worth?

Also are there any other manufactures that make a short width skid steer? The S70 is only 36 inches wide.

Thanks!

brdgbldr

A good running S70 is a highly sought after machine. Landscapers love them. A machine with that few hours that needs a new pump is a red flag for an abused or non-maintained machine so you may have a harder time selling it without getting lowballed.

Skid Steers, like cars, go for different prices depending on what area you live in. You may also want to ask yourself if you are willing to ship it.

I've found the best way to estimate a price for a skid steer is to search the web and find prices for comparable machines. Some auction sites will show old auctions with the final price.

I have seen other manufacturers with narrow, cabbed, machines but I'm not sure of any currently making them. Mustang, Ford. John Deere.

Walk behind machines are everywhere though. Vermeer, Toro Dingo, Ditch Witch, Bobcat and more.

Wayne440

With obvious problems, it will not bring much, expect what you will think are lowball offers.
The usual thinking is "if it was worth fixing, it would be fixed instead of sold".

Fabricator

The usual thinking is "if it was worth fixing, it would be fixed instead of sold".
This. I'm always wary of "all it needs" type listings. If "all it needs" seems simple, why didn't the other person actually do it?

People are going to lowball you, saying that they have no idea what can of worms they're getting into beyond those items since it isn't running properly.

cmb7684

I have a 2008 Bobcat S70 with about 750 hours.
It needs a hydraulic pump and it misses at high idle so they said it needs an injector.
Otherwise everything works.
I am going to sell it, how much do you think its worth?

Also are there any other manufactures that make a short width skid steer? The S70 is only 36 inches wide.

Thanks!
Where are you located and what range are you thinking?