2 piece skidsteer wheels?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dustin502

I just picked up a set of Flat proof tires and wheels for a skidsteer, The rims unbolt to change the tires. The tires have some sort of removable rubber insert that you can remove and reinstall in new tire when they are worn. Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? Any idea who makes them? I would like to know the value of wheels for re-sale. Thanks for any input.

Fishfiles

http://www.tobysexton.com/home.htm , those rims hold recapped aircraft tires , the rubber flap , protectes the tube , the tires are between 28 and 32 plys , even on the side walls , they are recapable if you don't run them into the threads ------------they are very good tires that will very seldom get a flat and if they do you usually don't even know it unless you pick up some weight ------------look closely on the side and you should see " good to 210 knots " , if I remember right the ones used on a 7 series were A-10 Warthog tires and the 8 series were F14 or 18 -------what is really nice about those tires , if you are running tracks on top of them you will very seldom get a flat but if you do it is possible to easily repair the flat without removing the tracks

WebbCo

http://www.tobysexton.com/home.htm , those rims hold recapped aircraft tires , the rubber flap , protectes the tube , the tires are between 28 and 32 plys , even on the side walls , they are recapable if you don't run them into the threads ------------they are very good tires that will very seldom get a flat and if they do you usually don't even know it unless you pick up some weight ------------look closely on the side and you should see " good to 210 knots " , if I remember right the ones used on a 7 series were A-10 Warthog tires and the 8 series were F14 or 18 -------what is really nice about those tires , if you are running tracks on top of them you will very seldom get a flat but if you do it is possible to easily repair the flat without removing the tracks
There was a manufacturer who made two pc wheels and had a rubber insert to make them solid. Problem was, the rubber inserts where split in two and near impossible to re install without special equipment. Also, the inserts where made to fit only the tire installed on it. They didnt make them for cheap economy tires..usually top of them line brands.
Hutchenson comes to mind but its been many years since I saw them but it worked if you re used them over and over.

OP
OP
D

dustin502

There was a manufacturer who made two pc wheels and had a rubber insert to make them solid. Problem was, the rubber inserts where split in two and near impossible to re install without special equipment. Also, the inserts where made to fit only the tire installed on it. They didnt make them for cheap economy tires..usually top of them line brands.
Hutchenson comes to mind but its been many years since I saw them but it worked if you re used them over and over.
That sounds like what I got. I dont understand why they wouldnt fit cheaper tires? Do you know if they are still being made? Does anyone else have any info on these? Thanks for your reply.

WebbCo

That sounds like what I got. I dont understand why they wouldnt fit cheaper tires? Do you know if they are still being made? Does anyone else have any info on these? Thanks for your reply.
Each insert was made to fit a specific tire brand, not generic. Look at it this way, you could send in 5 10x16.5 of different brands for foam filling, each of your 5 tires would take a different amount of foam to fill it. They made that liner to fit a specific brand tire. I sold several of these many years ago to a local tire store that fit the Supergrip brand tires, when they wore out they tried installing them in a different brand tire and it wouldnt fit, there are many differences inside each tire. So I had the sale for that set of liners from there on out. A tire store buying tires from the a dealer. Not too far fetched. Those liners are really expensive! You would need to re use them 3 times or more to make back your investment. You may get away with a different brand of tire on them but it still takes special equipment to install them. They tried selling me that machine for 10k! It can be done by hand. Its a fight! They are still being made. I may have info on them at work.

OP
OP
D

dustin502

Each insert was made to fit a specific tire brand, not generic. Look at it this way, you could send in 5 10x16.5 of different brands for foam filling, each of your 5 tires would take a different amount of foam to fill it. They made that liner to fit a specific brand tire. I sold several of these many years ago to a local tire store that fit the Supergrip brand tires, when they wore out they tried installing them in a different brand tire and it wouldnt fit, there are many differences inside each tire. So I had the sale for that set of liners from there on out. A tire store buying tires from the a dealer. Not too far fetched. Those liners are really expensive! You would need to re use them 3 times or more to make back your investment. You may get away with a different brand of tire on them but it still takes special equipment to install them. They tried selling me that machine for 10k! It can be done by hand. Its a fight! They are still being made. I may have info on them at work.
I understand what you mean now, I didnt realize there would be that much difference in the tires. If you dont mind, please check to see if you have anymore info. You have been a big help as it is, Thanks