1999 bobcat 863 while trying to start rt side drive tries to engage

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

boyscoutgb

I have a 99 863 we picked up at auction. We have had if for a few years now and i always noticed when we would start it, the right side would start to move many times stalling is out. Later I found that the parking brake had been removed. So the problem has been ongoing. Any ideas on where to start looking? Im thinking its some kind of flow valve sticking or leaking, this is my first skid steer so kinda green on where to look , what kinds of test equipment i need , ect. thanks

flyerdan

When it does that, can you give a bit of back pressure on the stick and get it to start normally? If so, chances are that that side just needs a neutral adjustment, the process will be outlined in the manual, which should be found in the link below.
The parking brake was probably removed due to giving someone fits with it not releasing or engaging when it shouldn't due to safety interlocks gone awry.

Tazza

Staff member
When it does that, can you give a bit of back pressure on the stick and get it to start normally? If so, chances are that that side just needs a neutral adjustment, the process will be outlined in the manual, which should be found in the link below.
The parking brake was probably removed due to giving someone fits with it not releasing or engaging when it shouldn't due to safety interlocks gone awry.
Generally the stalling issue is due to the neutral being out of adjustment and it fights against the park brake, you have no park brake so i wonder why it's stalling as it's not pushing against anything.
I like the idea of cranking with moving the steering lever back to see if it takes the load off.