1999 873 coolant sensor location

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dennis4466

Can someone tell me where to find the coolant sensor on a 1999 873? I've ordered a new sensor but I can't find it on the motor. Thanks for any help.

brdgbldr

Go to this website:
Enter in your serial number and then search for "temp". This will bring up all of the exploded views that have temperature sensors. They will be highlited in the parts list and there will be a red number reference to the part in the exploded view. You may have to trace the wiring to find the actual sensor.

OP
OP
D

Dennis4466

Go to this website:
Enter in your serial number and then search for "temp". This will bring up all of the exploded views that have temperature sensors. They will be highlited in the parts list and there will be a red number reference to the part in the exploded view. You may have to trace the wiring to find the actual sensor.
Thank you. I tried looking it up but it doesn't show the location. I'm not a mechanic but usually do ok on these things but I can't find this thing for the life of me. Any other ideas are really appreciated? Worst case I'll load it up and take it to bobcat but they are crazy expensive just to swap a sensor and not much help on the phone.

Last edited:

brdgbldr

Since I am not familiar with your machine, I could be wrong, but the 873 looks to be oil cooled. No antifreeze. So the sensor you are trying to replace is the engine oil temp. sender.

Go to the website I listed above, enter your machines serial number, then search the part number that Bobcat sent you. This should show you all of the exploded views with this part in them.

Latest posts