1999 773 Hydraulic Filter light is on before and after fluid and filter change

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

simply_peter

Before replacing the fluids in the Bobcat the bottom right warning light came on. I thought it was just low on fluid and went ahead with a service.
I replaced the main filter, and the two drain case filters, and all of the fluid with Bobcat fluid. After the service the warning light is still coming on for the hydraulic filter after a few minutes of running. The light is on solid which according to the manual I have indicates a filter with high restriction. Is it possible that the Charge pressure sender is bad? I didn't replace the vent cap, but I am not sure that how that could contribute to the warning light.
Has anyone experienced this? Any advice of other options to check? Right now my best guess is to replace the sensor and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

mrfixitpaul

There are 3 senders that can make the light come on...filter bypass, high oil temperature, and low charge pressure. It could be any one of the sensors gone bad, a shorting wire, or actual low charge pressure. You can test charge pressure with a guage threaded in where the sender is now. Probably easiest to eliminate the senders one at a time by disconnecting their wires and see if the light stays off, then troubleshoot from there.