1994 Bob Cat 763 Fuel issues!?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jared304

Hi so i have a 1994 bob cat 763 with 600 hours on it. Im need to the skid steer world. Ive put about 20 hours on the machine with no issues. I ran the fuel a little low the other day and the machine died. Wasn't sure if i was out of fuel or something else so I went got fuel put it in and it fired right up. Then it started having issues where it was bogging down under load. Would sit and idle fine but then if i went to get a pile of dirt it would bog out and shut off. But start right back up every time. Figured i got air in the fuel lines. So i bled the lines and ran fine the rest of the day. Next day came down same issue so i figured maybe the fuel filter was getting clogged. Went got a new fuel filter and installed it bled the fuel lines ran fine for half the day then started having the same issues. So i went to bleed the fuel lines again and noticed the primer bulb was leaking. I replaced the primer bulb and it was fine for the rest of the day. went down today to run it and same exact thing runs fine and just bogs out under load but then i bleed the fuel lines for a little and seems to be fine and i can run for a good amount of time. Is there something Im missing? It doesn't add up to me. Any help would be great!

farmshop

Could have sucked debris up on the pick up screen. There could also be a crack in the pick up tube in the tank. They are bad at cracking with age. I would inspect the line carefully back to the tank for damage. You can also hook the supply hose up to a jug of fuel to help narrow down the problem

OP
OP
J

Jared304

Could have sucked debris up on the pick up screen. There could also be a crack in the pick up tube in the tank. They are bad at cracking with age. I would inspect the line carefully back to the tank for damage. You can also hook the supply hose up to a jug of fuel to help narrow down the problem
Ok great i was assuming this could be that have all the parts coming in. I also remembered that i just started having all of these issues right after i put a ebay locking fuel cap on. I ran it last night with the original cap on there with no issues in 2 hours.. Hoping this was the problem all along.

flyerdan

Ok great i was assuming this could be that have all the parts coming in. I also remembered that i just started having all of these issues right after i put a ebay locking fuel cap on. I ran it last night with the original cap on there with no issues in 2 hours.. Hoping this was the problem all along.
Chances are that the replacement cap is non-vented and you need a vented one. Check the specs on the new one; the original should show obvious signs of venting, probably a rubber diaphragm valve in the center that allows air in, but not out.