1994 743B new owner

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

techshooter02

I have a 743B with the kubota engine in it, when it is cold outside like this morning 7 deg the starter gets stuck engaged and i have to unhook the battery. Is the starter Return spring weak ? and need a rebuild or is it because it is so cold outside it is binding with tryin to turn the hydrolic pumps ? also question about the glow plug system. I notice when i turn on the key to the on setting, it clicks in the engine bay once and i can watch the volt meter and for about two seconds it shows a draw on power, then the draw goes away and the voltage goes back up to normal 12 volts. shouldn't the glow plugs stay on for at least one min ? without kicking off ? what controls this ? or is it normal ? thanks in advance Dave

OP
OP
T

techshooter02

found that the glow plugs are not even coming on, the green wire with black strip isn't getting power to engage the relay for the glow plugs, not sure where that comes from without pulling all the lumex off the wires. the starter was haning up from my ignition key switch, stuck internally to the start position, a little tap tap with a hammer released that, so new ignition switch is in order.

Tazza

Staff member
found that the glow plugs are not even coming on, the green wire with black strip isn't getting power to engage the relay for the glow plugs, not sure where that comes from without pulling all the lumex off the wires. the starter was haning up from my ignition key switch, stuck internally to the start position, a little tap tap with a hammer released that, so new ignition switch is in order.
I winder why it shows a power draw and the plugs are not kicking in.
When you turn the key to the left, the plugs should come on.

mmsllc

I winder why it shows a power draw and the plugs are not kicking in.
When you turn the key to the left, the plugs should come on.
The glow plugs may be burned out because most operators do not own the equipment they operate. I would imagine that a unfamiliar operator might be holding the glow plug switch for too long & cause them to burn out. Or the glow plug relay may also have gone bad. Checking the wiring harness to the glow plugs & relay for shorts / chaffing wires & damage caused by pinch points are a very common cause of circuits not working. Check all wires very carefully. Also, make sure the battery is held down nice & tight. Sometimes, as you fix the obvious, you stumble across another issue. Then, another & another & another. Before you know it, the machine can be repaired that easily = ONE THING AT A TIME!