1993 743B turns harder on left side while moving forward

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bobcattinit

When im driving straight especially on pavement, my 743B gets a little Louder, a little Jerky, and definitely isnt as happy as when she's turning right. only seems to happen while going forward, and havent noticed it when in reverse. Also, its more when when driving and leaning left, not so much a sudden left turn. Any thoughts? Thanks!

7LBSSMALLIE

hi to low leak remove and reseal both drive motors. timimining of these motors can be an issuuie. you may find that they run backwards after reaseal. couple o tips A. yes you can reverse hoses. B. foolow timining procedure in book but as an extra mesuera. I have found that if machine is on stands and sticks bungee fwrd the first oil that hits them gets em goining in right direction. by the way follow tourqe procuders or they will leak I go a 4 step torquqe on these. but that's just me I hate rework.

Tazza

Staff member
hi to low leak remove and reseal both drive motors. timimining of these motors can be an issuuie. you may find that they run backwards after reaseal. couple o tips A. yes you can reverse hoses. B. foolow timining procedure in book but as an extra mesuera. I have found that if machine is on stands and sticks bungee fwrd the first oil that hits them gets em goining in right direction. by the way follow tourqe procuders or they will leak I go a 4 step torquqe on these. but that's just me I hate rework.
Mostly just on pavement? i'm wondering if you have odd tyre wear between front and back. If so, they fight each other. If one is slightly smaller, it will do one rotation faster than the bigger one, it puts more load in the chains and loads the machine down more.
Drive motor seals could be the cause of the forward/reverse, even a stuck shuttle valve in the drive motor.
If you do crack the motor open, you need to time it correctly, there is a procedure. If you go this way, send me an email and i'll dig up a few scans.

Latest posts