1983 CASE 1835B Uni-Loader

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wildjoy4

I have just bought this loader and know very little about it...please help! The left wheels will not move forward or backwards when lever is engaged but it attempts to move in both directions but doesn't. I believe it has a hydrostatic transmission for each side. The one on the left has a lot of chattering coming from it when lever is engaged. Also note that the bucket raises and lowers properly. I would appreciate any information given as to fixing this problem.

skidsteer.ca

I'd start by openiing up the chain case for the wheels on the left side and seeing if there is a master link to disconect the both chains for that side. There is likely one going to the front left wheel and one to the rear left wheel , both runing to one hydraulic motor for the left side drive. Once this is done you will be able to tell if the problem is a bearing for the front left or rear left wheel or if the hydraulice motor is the trouble.
You may also be able to acomplish this by unhooking the hoses to the hyd motor and trying to turn the wheels and motor by hand. See if they are bound up or siezed.
I have no first hand knowleged of this machine so this is just a general trouble shooting tip to try to narrow the problem area down. Also try to find out if your machine has a park brake or park pin that could be causing the trouble
Let us know what you find
Regards
Ken

OP
OP
W

wildjoy4

I'd start by openiing up the chain case for the wheels on the left side and seeing if there is a master link to disconect the both chains for that side. There is likely one going to the front left wheel and one to the rear left wheel , both runing to one hydraulic motor for the left side drive. Once this is done you will be able to tell if the problem is a bearing for the front left or rear left wheel or if the hydraulice motor is the trouble.
You may also be able to acomplish this by unhooking the hoses to the hyd motor and trying to turn the wheels and motor by hand. See if they are bound up or siezed.
I have no first hand knowleged of this machine so this is just a general trouble shooting tip to try to narrow the problem area down. Also try to find out if your machine has a park brake or park pin that could be causing the trouble
Let us know what you find
Regards
Ken
I tried that ,but still the same problem. Chatting noise coming from hydrostatic tramission ,if that is what it is.Wheels on left side turn freely with hoses off hyd. motor.

Tazza

Staff member
I tried that ,but still the same problem. Chatting noise coming from hydrostatic tramission ,if that is what it is.Wheels on left side turn freely with hoses off hyd. motor.
Unfortunatly this sounds like a pump problem.
What does it do? does it make any sounds like its trying to move? Do the hoses running to the motor twitch like there is a load inside the motor?
Trouble-shooting stuff like this isn't easy, it could be the pump, the relief valve or the motor. The motor and pump are very costly to repair i'm afraid.

refuse2

I have one of these and in the service manual there is something about adjusting certain parts of the transmission for a manual move mode and maybe someone has done this to yours for some reason or another.

Latest posts